AMNESTY-LIPFF STUDENTS PHONE FILM CHALLENGE 2020
This year, due to the Pandemic, students in Kenyan Universities have not been in school since March, albeit a few of them who have been studying online. This has in turn led to idleness, and feelings of low self-esteem and lack of self worth among the youth, by virtue of lost dreams and lack of purpose. We have also had a rise in insecurity, gender based violence, drug abuse, and peer pressure as a consequence of the idleness.
We are thus calling on all Youth and Students to come out and be counted as Human Rights Advocates by creating films that depict positive stories on Human Rights interventions or issues. We seek the students to create films focusing on their communities as advocates of change by highlighting what is happening around them and sharing tangible solutions for the same. Students to submit via https://filmfreeway.com/AMNESTYLIPPFPHONEFILM
The Student Phone Film Festival Theme is: JITOKEZE
The call for entries opens from 15th September – 20th October 2020.
Jury Selection Process 16th October – 25th October 2020
Public Voting 27th October to 5th November 2020
Festival Awards 7th November 2020
- The film must be between 2-4 minutes
- The film must be shot on phone and MUST be in Kiswahili or any African Languages ONLY
- The person submitting must present evidence that they are a student/s within an institution of higher learning in Kenya. The Patron needs to be a member of staff at the institution and the submitting students must include their Admission number and name of University
- All films to be submitted on https://filmfreeway.com/AMNESTYLIPPFPHONEFILM
- The winning films will be sponsored to attend the annual film festival to be held in Nairobi (Following the opening of the laws on the Pandemic.)
FESTIVAL DATES & VENUE
Festival dates will be Wednesday 4th to Saturday 7th November 2020. The major Festival Activities will be held Online and the Gala will be held physically and streamed online.
LIPFF 2019 AWARDS CATEGORIES
Best Student Phone Film
1st Runners Up
People’s Choice Award